- Q. What types of special events do you have?
- A. At Mad Science, our special events can fit any type of event that you are hosting. For example, our special events can take the form of shows, science days and fairs, and science booths.
- Q. How many children can a show accommodate?
- A. Between 5 and 5,000 children at a time. We can adjust our shows to the size of your venue and to your budget.
- Q. How long does a show last?
- A. On average, our school-age shows last 45 minutes, and our preschool shows last 35 minutes. We can run multiple shows per day, with a 15 minute interval between each. Science days, fairs and booths can be packaged as full day events.
- Q. What kind of space is best suited to a Mad Science Special Event?
- A. An ideal event location would be an area with an open space for the children to sit on the floor. Mad Science special events generally work best when held indoors. However, they can be performed outdoors, weather permitting, where shelter from the wind can be provided.
- Q. Do we need to provide Mad Science with any equipment?
- A. For each scheduled show and activity station, we will prefer an 6-foot long banquet-style table to place our equipment on, however we can work with what you have available. Depending on the show you select, we may need access to an electrical outlet, access to a sink and/or water along with a sink to rinse out and clean our glassware and other equipment after the event.
- Q. Will we require additional staff for clean-up after the event?
- A. No, our events are mess free! We clean-up after ourselves when we’re finished. The Mad Scientist will need about 30 minutes time for packing and cleaning-up after the event.
- Q. How long in advance should I begin to plan for a Mad Science event?
- A. As soon as possible! Mad Science special events are in great demand; we suggest that you book your date as soon as possible.
- Q. When should I expect my performer?
- A. Our Mad Scientist(s) should always arrive at your location with enough time to park, sign in at the front desk/office, make it to the room and set up to start by your scheduled start time. In general, this means that your Mad Scientist will arrive about 20 minutes before your scheduled start time and will be in the building 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. We typically need 5-15 minutes to set up, depending on the type of program, and will arrive accordingly. If you have additional security measures, parking issues, or anything else that necessitates an earlier arrival, please notify us immediately. Earlier arrival times will incur a small charge, which goes straight to your Mad Scientist. This fee is $10 for up to 30 minutes early, or $15 for up to one hour early.
- Q. How do I book a Special Event?
- A. Please call us at 301-593-4777 or simply click here..
BE PREPARED TO HAVE FUN AND LEARN ABOUT SCIENCE!